How can we improve the Digital Agenda Assembly?

Improve food selection, specially for people with special dietary requirements

There was no food available for people with special dietary requirements, despite asking for it in advance. I know what I'm talking about because I was diagnosed with celiac disease and can only eat gluten-free food. On the first lunch some gluten-free and vegetarian food was apparently available but was not enough (I couldn't eat anything). Then for dinner and lunch on day 2 was not available at all. I asked the two catering managers and they confirmed it was not cooked by the chef. I complaint. Please, avoid this issue next time.
Additionally, I think that many people would be also much happier if there were less sandwich, pizza, pasta, etc. and some more vegetables and please add some fruit!!

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josema Alonso shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maria KRIKOU commented  · 

Dear Alonso, we cross-checked with the caterer and he had prepared 12 portions of gluten-free food plus 800 vegeterian sandwiches. It seems that the problem was the lack of knowledgeable catering staff to control distribution of this kind of food and also to inform people in need.
        We are really sorry about this and we won't allow it to happen again.
        Please note that we tried to treat all dietary requirements accordingly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am sorry, stop the halal madness. The occident is defined by the defense against islam! More pork next time.

• Bruni73 commented  · 

Belgium is a developing state in catering. Don't expect much or move the DAA to another city

• Miguel Gonzalez-Sancho commented  · 

I'm sorry to read this since caterer had indeed commited to provide such special dietary food. The matter will be followed up and indeed sholuld not happen again.

• Andrew Stott commented  · 

The point about vegetables and fruit is well made. Although I have no special dietary requirements myself I too would have preferred 'healthier' options including fruit - the desserts were tempting but not at all healthy!

Feedback and Knowledge Base